Internal Complaint Cell
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To develop a mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- To maintain the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
According to THE SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT THE WORKPLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION, AND REDRESSAL) ACT 2013, sexual harassment includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behavior (whether directly or by implication) namely:
- Physical contact and advances
- A demand or request for sexual favors
- Making sexually colored remarks
- Showing pornography
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- To develop a mechanism for registering complaints, this should be safe, accessible, and sensitive.
- To take cognizance of complaints about sexual harassment, conduct inquiries, provide assistance and redressal to the victims, recommend disciplinary action, or take immediate action against the harasser, if necessary.
- To follow-up action and monitor the same.
- To recommend the college authority to provide assistance to the complainant if she so chooses to file a complaint in relation to the offense under the Indian Penal Code or any other law for the time being in force.
- To recommend the college authority to provide the medical intervention with the consent of the complainant or even without consent in such cases where the complainant is physically or mentally incapacitated to give her consent.
- To recommend the college authority to arrange for appropriate psychological, emotional, and physical support (in the form of counseling, security, and other assistance) to the victim if she so desires.
Formation & Structure of the Cell
Its formation and structure is strict as per the Guideline published by UGC, New Delhi
- Smt. Aparna Biswas - Presiding Officer
- Dr. Debashis Dutta - Member-faculty
- Sri Rebati Mohan Roy - Member-faculty
- Smt. Priyanka Chhetri - Member-faculty
- Sri Biswajit Barman - Member-Teacher Council Secretary
- Smt. Pratima Roy Sarkar - Member-Non Teaching
- Smt. Chidkana Saha - External Member
FOR LODGING COMPLAINTS, PLEASE SENT MAIL HERE: firstname.lastname@example.org